Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Prologue

And so, it begins...

Two days out from graduation, and some explanations are in order. What is this cat blog thing, and why has it come about?

Well, now that I have two bachelor's degrees in my pocket and am wise in the ways of the world, I am ready to bequeath this wisdom to the...nope. Not at all. I am certainly not wise (proverbs will back me up on that) and I am not here to tell you how life is. Well, actually I am going to talk to you about how life is, but in more of a reflective, verbally processing my life sort of way. Hopefully it will make some sense to you (or not, but that's just broadening perspectives, right?) since life is a shared experience. If it doesn't make sense, feel free to tell me... I prefer dialogue to monologue.

I have come to a new stage of life. In the research world, you don't call someone a post grad. What have they just graduated from? They might be a post-doc, doing research just after a PhD, they might have a masters but no doctorate just yet, or like me, they might be in-between a bachelor's degree and graduate studies. We call those post-baccs. It's a murky in-between stage, but there is a lot to be learned here.

So, what can you expect?

1) Well, cats. Obviously cats. Somehow, these cats will be related to the topics at hand... that might get tricky but don't worry, I am skilled at the art of tangental relevance.

2) Life chats. Thats really what we are having right now... I have basically no idea where I am going to be and what I am going to be doing in the foreseeable future (funny, since it is supposedly foreseeable), and as things happen, I am going to tell you about them. Granted, when I say "as things happen" I am talking more about the little things of life than the big ones. Life is lived in the daily experiences, one step at a time. Want to go for a walk with me?

3) Ramblings, musings, and scatterings of useless knowledge. I am a verbal processor to the max. I couldn't tell you whether I am a thinker or feeler, but both come out as words. I get overly excited about many things science: psychology, biology, genetics, the brain, the way our bodies work, evolution... ah! The way God made us and the world is SO COOL. Additionally, I have a healthy dose of the know-it-all genes that are passed down through the Martin family, so you are likely to learn things you never knew you needed to know. Like what points of the day you should be wearing sunscreen. Or why using your laptop late is keeping you from sleeping. Brace yourselves, a stream of mostly knowledge is coming.

I met this lovely little kitty while I was on an adventure in South Africa.
Now, you and I are about to go on another adventure. Get pumped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment